Frequently Asked Questions About Infinity Youth Sports
Below are some frequently asked questions about us. If you have any other questions or would like to contact us please CLICK HERE.
What areas does Infinity Youth Sports Serve?
- We serve Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Bernalillo, Los Lunas, and the East Mountains Area.
What is the best way to get ahold of IYS?
- The best way to get ahold of us is through
. However you can contact us by phone and Facebook Messenger as well.
Does Infinity Youth Sports have an office location?
- At this point in time we do not have a public office location.
What kind of social media does IYS have?
- Currently we have Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and also YouTube.
Where are the games held?
- Games are held at various parks within Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Bernalillo and Los Lunas. Locations will vary per season.
What days are the games played on?
- Games are generally played on Saturdays. Reschedules can happen on other days, including Fridays and Sundays, if necessary. If dual weekends are being played, then games will be scheduled on Sundays.
How are teams formed?
- Teams are formed by the following: coach recruitment, coach request, zip code and neighboring zip code of the free agent. Teams can also be formed by and friend requests pending availability and Board Approval.
What is a free agent?
Who are the coaches?
How can I become a coach?
How much is a background check for coaches?
- Background checks are $20.00 Our background checks are performed through a national database, not just a local, state-wide database. Currently, the league partners with NCSI, National Center for Safety Initiatives for all background checks.
Can coaches recruit players for a team and/or bring in a formed team?
Do coaches have to pay for their own background check?
- Yes, coaches are resonsible for all fees associated with the background check process.
Can a team stay together from season to season?
My child wants to play with a friend. Is that possible?
Yes, you can make a friend request. Friend requests are only honored as long as 1) the friend is in the same age-appropriate division as your child, 2) the coach is accepting new players, and 3) as long as there is room on the team.
What does my registration fee cover?
Registration fees cover the cost of the practice fields per week, the cost of the weekly game facility rentals, player and facility insurance, referees, field equipment, field painting, paint, facility staff, and various operating expenses.
Can I pay my registration through my child's coach?
- You may drop off your child's registration to your coach but your payment MUST be given to the office in the original form that it was received. For example, if you are paying with a credit card, you will need to register online; not give your coach your credit card. If you are paying by cash or check, we will need to receive the payment in that original form.
Are refunds or credits allowed?
Do you offer payment plans?
- Yes, we do. Please contact the office for specifics as the dates are season-dependent.
What is league age?
Why does IYS use league age?
My child is 8 on August 1, YYYY but then turns 9 three weeks later. How do you determine what his league age is?
If a child has a birthday after the cut-off date and turns a year older, does he have to move up a division?
No. All that matters is the age he was on the cut-off date (8/1). Children do not move up divisions due to birthdays during the year or else we would be reorganizing teams each week. It is similar to the school year cut-off - if a child turns a year older, they do not automatically move up to the next grade the next day.
Is the league age cut-off the same as the school year age cut-off?
- No, the league cut-off is August 1 whereas most public schools have their cut-off in September. Therefore, age and grade comparisons are inaccurate when done on individual basis.
Are teams required to fundraise?
- Team Fundraising is optional per each individual team. However, parents must keep in mind that not only is tackle an expensive sport but coaches are not responsible for financially providing for each tackle player on the team once extras have been decided upon. Fundraising covers team bonding events, team dinners, banquets, team trophies, gifts, etc. It is important that all participants realize that it is a team effort both on and off the field where our children's desires are concerned. To that point, the only person who will suffer from a non-involved sports parent is the child.
Are league fundraisers mandatory?
- Yes, at different times, Infinity Youth Sports will host different mandatory league fundraisers. These fundraisers are mandatory participation. NO Exceptions. More information will be provided at the time of the fundraiser for more information.
Does IYS host tournaments?
- Yes, IYS does host tournaments. Tournaments are different from post-season Super Bowls in that Super Bowls are part of regular season play whereas tournaments are independent functions that are not included in the regular season price.
If you have any sport specific frequently asked questions. Please check out our Football, Cheer and Volleyball FAQ pages or email us at
Top of Page