How long is the season?
Where are the games held?
- 6 games. The Summer 2013 Season is July 13-August 10.
What days are the games played on?
- Games are held at various parks within Albuquerque and Rio Rancho. Locations can vary.
Where are practices?
- Games are played on Saturdays. Reschedules can happen on other days, including Sundays, if necessary.
How often are practices?
- Practices are at local parks. IYS does its best to organize practices within the zip code. Teams are assigned to their practice area by IYS.
How are teams formed?
- Practices vary during the week dependent on the age group. I.E., the younger the age, the less the practice frequency.; the older the age group, the higher the practice frequency. Most practices for flag are between 1 and 2 times per week. Practices generally begin 1-2 weeks before the season.
- Teams are formed by zip code and neighboring zip code as it is dependent on the number of players from the area. Tams can also be formed by coach requests and friend requests pending availability.
What additional equipment does my child need for flag?
Who are the coaches?
How can I become a coach?
How much is a background check for coaches?
Can coaches recruit players for a team and/or bring in a formed team?
Can I request a particular team or coach for my child?
Can a team stay together from season to season?
My child wants to play with a friend. Is that possible?
Yes, you can make a friend request. Friend requests are only honored as long as the friend is in the same age-appropriate division as your child, as long as the coach is accepting players, and as long as there is room on the team.
Can a team "save" spots for a player that has not registered yet?
What does my registration fee cover?
Registration fees cover the cost of the practice fields per week, the cost of the weekly game facility rentals, player and facility insurance, custom uniforms, equipment, referees, facility staff, and various operating expenses.
What kind of uniform does my child receive? Is it extra or included in the cost?
Can I exchange my uniform?
Can we wear different uniforms other than what the league provides?
How many seasons of flag are there in a year?
How do I switch teams?
What is dual-division?
Are refunds or credits allowed?
Do you offer payment plans?
What is league age?
Why does IYS use league age?
My child is 8 on August 1, 2012 but then turns 9 three weeks later. How do you determine what his league age is?
If a child has a birthday after the cut-off date and turns a year older, does he have to move up a division?
No. All that matters is the age he was on the cut-off date (8/1/12). Children do not move up divisions due to birthdays during the year or else we would be reorganizing teams each week. It is similar to the school year cut-off - if a child turns a year older, they do not automatically move up to the next grade the next day.